April 25, 2019
An ABLE account offers an opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities to save for a better life experience without jeopardizing means-tested benefits. The savings in an ABLE account may be used, tax-free, for a variety of qualified disability expenses (QDE), many of which are transition-related and may improve individual outcomes.
The purpose of this webinar is to educate individuals with disabilities, their families, providers and advocates on how establishing and using an ABLE account can provide options and choices to improve the life trajectory of transition-age youth. This webinar addresses:
- How is “transition age youth” defined?
- How is “transition” defined?
- How can an ABLE account help?
- Best practices to consider.
The webinar was moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC). Panelists include:
- Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ANRC
- Transition age ABLE account owners
- Parents of ABLE account owners
Case Summary #6 – The Use of ABLE Accounts to Support the Transition from School to Independent Living
ABLE Account, Special Needs Trust, Pooled Trust Comparison Chart