About ABLE NRC
The ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) is the leading, comprehensive source of objective, independent information about federal- and state-related ABLE programs and activities, including guidance on tax-advantaged ABLE savings accounts. Our mission is to educate, promote and support the positive impact ABLE can make on the lives of millions of Americans with disabilities and their families. ABLE NRC is a collaborative that brings together the investment, support and resources of some of the country’s largest and most influential national disability organizations in an effort to accelerate the design and availability of ABLE accounts to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities and their families.
Our pioneering work in this area and subject matter expertise makes us the foremost authority on topics related to the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act, ABLE accounts, state ABLE programs, ABLE-related policy developments, and programmatic integration of ABLE and financial capability strategies for people with disabilities into public service delivery system planning and activities.
Founded and managed by National Disability Institute (NDI) since 2015, the ABLE NRC’s website has become the go-to source for all information on ABLE for people with disabilities and their families, as well as employers, state and federal agencies, service providers, tax practitioners, financial planners and attorneys.
The ABLE National Resource Center is a privately-owned website and is not affiliated with the U.S. federal government. While we provide a wealth of targeted resources and best practice guidance to support your use of ABLE accounts, our staff does not provide case management on Social Security benefits or advice about investing in specific ABLE programs. For your safety and security, please do not send us any sensitive personal information in emails, including Social Security numbers.
Please contact the associated federal agencies for assistance with:
- Social Security Benefits Call Center – Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Social Security Field Office hours, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Social Security Ticket to Work Help Line – 1-866-968-7842 / 1-866-833-2967 (TTY) 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday
- Medicaid – Toll-Free: 877-267-2323, TTY Toll-Free: 866-226-1819
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – Toll-free Information Number: 1-800-221-5689
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – 1-800-669-9777 (or 1-800-927-9275 for TTY) or contact your regional office
- Temporary Assistance for Need Families (TANF) – Call your state TANF office