December 13, 2018
An ABLE account offers an opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities to save for a better life experience. It gives all qualified individuals who have a disability a way to save money. For those individuals who receive a means-tested benefit, it offers a way to save without jeopardizing these benefits. The savings in an ABLE account may be used tax-free on a variety of qualified disability expenses (QDE) such as housing, transportation, assistive technology and more.
The purpose of this webinar is to educate individuals with disabilities, their families, providers and advocates on how an ABLE account can provide options and choices to maintain or improve their health, independence and quality of life. The webinar discusses examples of QDEs and addresses questions such as:
* What are QDEs?
* What will happen if I use ABLE distributions on non-QDEs?
* Are there strategies I should consider when deciding whether or not to use my ABLE account for items or services?
This webinar is moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and includes a panel of ABLE-related stakeholders and experts, including:
* James Sheldon, Supervising Attorney of the Disability Law Unit, Neighborhood Legal Services, Buffalo, New York
* Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE National Resource Center, Washington, D.C.
* Members of our 2018 ABLE Advisor Team