January 23, 2020 – 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
The ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) helped you start the new year off right by providing tips on how an ABLE account can improve your financial fitness and put you on track for success in 2020.
Attendees learned how to incorporate their New Year’s resolutions into ABLE savings goals and build a process to take control of finances. We discussed the links between health, fitness and healthy finances and provide tips and promising practices to:
- Strengthen your core with ABLE fundamentals for 2020 success
- Find workout buddies to help you reach your ABLE goals through your ABLE circle of support
- Increase your flexibility by using various ABLE financial tools
- Build financial endurance by delaying disbursements and learning about compounded interest
- Maintain a well-balanced ABLE account in 2020 with options to fund your account that you may not know about
The presenters on this webinar were:
- Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE NRC
- Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE NRC
We encouraged you to visit ablenrc.org to check out the resources below to help you open and maximize your ABLE account in 2020.
- ABLE Road Map to Enrollment
- ABLE Road Map to Independence
- Setting My Financial Goals
- Download the STAR Method of Setting Goals (Worksheet)
- Building a Circle of Support
- ABLE Best Practices and Action Steps for Family Members and Supporters (Circle of Support)
We referenced these resources during the webinar as we discussed how ABLE can contribute to your day-to-day well-being and your prospects for overall success in 2020 and beyond.