August 2, 2017
August 2017 is #ABLEtoSave month, a nationwide awareness campaign led by the ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) to provide information about Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) accounts, which are a new financial savings tool for individuals with disabilities. ABLE NRC invites potential ABLE participants, their families, the financial community and all other ABLE stakeholders, to attend a free webinar focusing on debunking common ABLE myths.
ABLE accounts are now available across the country for qualified individuals with disabilities to save money without jeopardizing their eligibility for public benefits. Despite their widespread availability, lack of awareness and misinformation about ABLE accounts is preventing millions of people from taking advantage of this revolutionary savings tool. This webinar seeks to debunk many common ABLE myths in order to increase knowledge of and confidence in using ABLE accounts.
This webinar is moderated by Chris Rodriguez, Former Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and includes a panel of ABLE-related stakeholders and experts, including:
- Heather Sachs, Senior ABLE Advisor, ABLE National Resource Center
- Stuart Spielman, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel, Autism Speaks
- Keith Bernhardt, VP, Retirement & College Products, Fidelity Investments
The webinar debunks common ABLE-related misconceptions related to:
- Interaction with public benefits
- Appropriate use of ABLE fund
- Comparison to 529 College Savings Account
- Residency Requirements
- Caps related to contributions
- Much more!