August 15, 2018
August 2018 was #ABLEtoSave month, a nationwide awareness campaign led by the ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) to provide information about Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) accounts, which are a new financial savings tool for individuals with disabilities.
ABLE accounts are now available across the country for qualified individuals with disabilities to save money without jeopardizing their eligibility for public benefits. This webinar discusses the criteria for eligibility for an ABLE account. It also addresses the impact of ABLE accounts on public means-tested benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid.
This webinar is moderated by Chris Rodriguez, Former Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and includes a panel of ABLE-related stakeholders and experts.
The webinar addresses questions such as:
- Who is eligible to open an ABLE account and how is eligibility proven?
- How does the Social Security Administration regard assets in an ABLE account for purposes of eligibility and payments?
- How are Medicaid benefits impacted by ABLE accounts?
- What is the Medicaid “payback” provision in the ABLE Act?
- How are other means-tested federal benefits impacted by ABLE accounts?
Webinar recording not available.