The NY ABLE Program is a tax-advantaged savings program for individuals with disabilities and their families to save for their current or long-term needs while maintaining their ability to benefit from federal benefits programs such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Medicaid. Its program offers multiple investment options including a checking account and debit card option allowing individuals with disabilities to maintain their independence and have quick and easy access to their own money. In this webinar, the NY ABLE team from OSC and Ascensus discusses program highlights such as:
- Who is eligible for NY ABLE?
- How you can save and grow or grow your money with a NY ABLE account?
- What are qualified disability expenses?
- How to sign up for a NY ABLE account
Presenters for NY ABLE:
- Jenna McClosky, Outreach Coordinator for NY ABLE at OSC
- Grisel Davis, Senior Program Officer for NY ABLE at OSC
- Paul Souppa, ChFC, Sr. Investment Analyst, Investment Management, Ascensus Government Savings