District of Columbia
Program Name: DC ABLE
Program Manager: Ascensus
Program Investment Institution: BlackRock, Schwab and Vanguard
Program Website: DC ABLE
Total Annual Contribution Limit: $15,000
Account Limit: $500,000
ABLE Legislation: B21-0252
Account Disclosure Document: https://cdn.unite529.com/jcdn/files/UABLE/pdfs/dc-programdescription.pdf
Program at a Glance
- What is the total annual contribution limit? $15,000
- Does this program offer enrollment to out of state residents? Yes.
- Is there a state income tax deduction or credit for contributions made into accounts opened in this state by state residents? If so, how much? No.
- Who is the program administrator? Government of the District of Columbia, Office of Finance & Treasury
- Is there an initial minimum contribution requirement to open an ABLE account? If so, how much? Yes. $25
- Is there an annual set fee to maintain the account? If so, how much? Yes. $60/year in quarterly installments of $15. If you elect electronic delivery notification for statements and confirmations, your Quarterly Account Maintenance fee will be discounted by $3.75
- Is there a required minimum contribution to your account? If so, what is the amount? No.
- Are there fees or restrictions to the number of disbursement you are allowed? If so, what are they? No.
- Can I roll over my ABLE account to another ABLE program? If so, what is the fee to do so? Yes. There are currently no fees associated with rolling over your ABLE account from one ABLE program to another ABLE program.
- Is there a “debit card/purchasing card” available with the program? If so, what is the added cost? Yes. If you are invested in the Checking Option, you will be charged a monthly service charge of $2.00. The fee is waived if your Account has an average daily balance over $250 or if you are enrolled in electronic statement delivery. The FDIC-insured checking option is from Fifth Third Bank.
- Who is the investment manager? BlackRock, Schwab, Vanguard and for high-yield savings Sallie Mae
- How many investment options are associated with the program? There are six investment options available.
- Do those investment options vary in risk? Yes, These investment options range from conservative to aggressive with varying levels of risk, based on the risks of the underlying component investments.
- Is there a fee associated with the investment choices? If so, how much? Yes. Depending on the investment choices, the total fees range from 0.34% - 0.37%.