#ABLEtoSave Series: Debunking ABLE Myths (Sponsored by Fidelity Investments)
August 2017 is #ABLEtoSave month, a nationwide awareness campaign led by the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) to provide information about Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) accounts, which are a new financial savings tool for individuals with disabilities. ANRC would like to invite potential ABLE participants, their families, the financial community and all other ABLE stakeholders, to attend a free webinar on Wednesday August 2, from 2:00 – 3:00 EST, focusing on debunking common ABLE myths.
ABLE accounts are now available across the country for qualified individuals with disabilities to save money without jeopardizing their eligibility for public benefits. Despite their widespread availability, lack of awareness and misinformation about ABLE accounts is preventing millions of people from taking advantage of this revolutionary savings tool. This webinar seeks to debunk many common ABLE myths in order to increase knowledge of and confidence in using ABLE accounts.
This Webinar will be moderated by Chris Rodriguez, Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and will include a panel of ABLE related stakeholders and experts, including:
- Heather Sachs, Senior ABLE Advisor, ABLE National Resource Center
- Stuart Spielman, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel, Autism Speaks
- Keith Bernhardt, VP, Retirement & College Products, Fidelity Investments
The webinar will debunk common ABLE-related misconceptions related to:
- Interaction with public benefits
- Appropriate use of ABLE fund
- Comparison to 529 College Savings Account
- Residency Requirements
- Caps related to contributions
- Much more!